9. Anshuman - Grandson of king Sagar
and son of king Asmanjas. He was the person who ultimately
searched the horse released by king Sagar and got completed
10. Dilip - The son of king Anshuman,
offered himself to the lion to save cow from his clutches.
Famous for his kindness.
11. Bhagirath - The son of king Dilip.
He meditated to bring Gang a on earth, so that his
ancestors, the sons of Sagar may achieve Moksha.
12. Raghu - Son of king Deerghbahu of
Ikshwaku dynasty. Another strong king of this dynasty. The
later kings of this dynasty were also known by the dynasty
13. Aj - Son of king Raghu. Indumati
was his wife and king Dashrath was their son.
14. Dashrath - Father of lord Rama,
one of the kings who helped gods in the war against demons.
Famous for dying in grief for his son to keep his words.
15. Janak - The foster father of Sita.
Real name was Seerdhwaj. He was the king of Mithila. He
himself was very much learned and was patron of other
learned persons. Famous Shastrarth between Yagyavalkya and
Gargi was witnessed in his court.
16. Pururava - A brave and able king
of Chandra dynasty.
17. Yayati - Son of king Nahush and
husband of Sharmishtha the daughter of demon king Vrashparva
and Devyani, the daughter of demon Guru Sukracharya.
Exchanged his old age for the youth of his son Puru.
18. Dushyant - Another famous king of
Chandra dynasty. He was the son of Raimya. He married
Shakuntala, daughter of Menka and Vishwamitra in the ashram
of Rishi Kanva. Well known king Bharat was their son.
19. Bharat - Son of Dushyant and
Shakuntala. Used to play with lions cubs when he was just a
child. It is said that name of our country Bharat was due to
20. Ranti Dev - Another king of
Chandra dynasty. Predecessor of king Dushyant. He was saint
by nature, famous for feeding poor with his personal food
even though remained hungry for many days.