1. Lord Budha- Born at Kapilvastu in
the house of Sakya king Shudhodhan in 600 B.C. Soon left the
house and became sanyasi. Got enlightenment under a peepal
tree at Gaya. Founder of Buddhism
2. Rishabh Dev- Son of Nabhi Rai and
Meru Devi. Founder of Jainism. 1st of 24 Tirthankers of
3. Mahavir Swami - 24th and last
Tirthanker of Jains. Born at Kundagram or Kundalpur in the
house of king Sidhartha and Trishala Devi in 599 B.C. Got
enlightenment below an Ashoka tree. Died in 527-28 B.C. at
4. Aswaghosh - Famous philospher and
learned poet of Sanskrit. Propagated Buddhims through poems.
Author of Buddha Charitam.
5. Nagarjun - Famous philoshper and
founder of Madhyamic sect. He propagated the middle path of
Buddhism and called Madhyamic.
6. Vasubandhu - A famous philospher
follower of Buddhism. He was called second Buddha in his
7. Shankracharya - Was born at Kaladi
village in the house of Shirvguru and Aryamba in 788 AD.
Saint Guru Govind Pad was his guru. Established four muths
in all the four corners of India called Dhams-Jagannath Puri
in East, Dwarika in West, Shringeri in South and Badrinath
in North. Propagated Vedic culture throughout India. Founder
of Adwaitwad. Died at the tender age of 32 years.
8. Ramanujacharya - A great saint of
10th century AD. who founded and propagated specified
Dwaitwad. He preached sagun God. He also belonged to south
India. Keshav Bhatt was the name of his father.
9. Madhvacharya - Born in the 13th
Century AD in Udupi village of Karnatak in the house of
Narayan Bhatt. He propagated Dwaitwad philosophy.