110. Name the youngest Indian girl to play
chess in the world cup?
Dronavali Harika, 11 years 9 months, in 2002
111. Who was the first Indian to play
cricket for M.C.C.?
Ranjeet SinghJi in 1895, Scored unbeaten 77 and 150 besides taking 6 wickets.
112. When was first cricket match played in
The earliest record of cricket in india goes
back to 1721 when English merchants played a game at Cambay
113. Name the first cricket club in India?
Orient club, formed by Parsis in 1848.
114. When was first cricket tournament held
In 1892, between Parsees and Europeans in
115. When did first overseas team visit and
played cricket match in India?
Dec. 22, 1892 to Jan. 28, 1893 four matches were played.
116. When MCC team toured India for the
first time to play cricket?
1926-27, captain—Aurthor Gilligan, 26
matches were played
117. When did all Indian team tour England
for the first time?
In 1911 led by Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of
Patiala. Played 14 first class matches.
118. In which year India played a cricket
test match against England in India?
Dec. 15 to 18, 1933 at gymkhana ground, Bombay, C.K. Nayadu and Douglas Jardine were the captains.
119. In which year India won a cricket test
series for the first time?
In 1952, against Pakistan by 2-1
120. In which year India won a cricket test
series abroad for the first time?
In 1968, against New Zealand, by
121. Who was the oldest Indian cricketer to
score a century?
Vijay Merchant,who was 40 years 25 days, in
1951-52 at Delhi against England.
122. Mention the match in which Indians had
the greatest gap in runs in the two innings in the same match?
India scored 171 in 1st innings and 657 for
8 declared in second innining against Australia at Kolkata in 2000-01.