28. Sports (contd)
177. How many total medals has India won in
hocky in Olympics so far?
one Silver and two bronze (Total 11) gold in 1928, 32, 36, 48, 52, 56, 64 and 80, silver in 1960 and Bronze in 1968
178. Which is the longest unbeaten sequence
of Indian hockey in Olympic?
32 successive years and 99 days from 1928 Amsterdam Olympics to 1960 games at Rome,
India remained unbeaten in 30 matches
179. What is the world record which India
still holds in Hockey Olympics?
Since its debut in 1928 India has participated in 18 Olympics (till Athens 2004), scored 415
goals (maximum by any team) and conceded 130 in 114
matches, win 76, drawing 13 and losing 25 a success rate of
180. Which Indian has scored maximum number
of goals in an Olympic hockey match?
Roop Singh scored 11 goals against USA
on Aug.11, 1932 while his brother Dhyanchand
scored 8 goals.
181. What is the biggest victory margin in
India beat USA 24-1 on Aug.11, 1932 at Los
Angles.The next best margin was in 1980 when India beat
182. Who has been the best goal keeper for
India in Olympic hockey tournaments?
Richard J. Allen, did not concede a single goal in 5 matches in 1928, two goals
in 1932 and one goal in 5 games in 1936. A rare
feat, conceding only 3 goals in 3 successive
183. Name the Indian who won champions of
champion title in a combined competition for leading men and
women rifle shooters in the world cup final at Munich in 2002?
Anjali Ved Pathak Bhagwat.
184. Who is the first Indian to win
individual silver medal in Olympics in a shooting event?
185. Which is the oldest swimming club in
Kolkata Swimming club established 1887.
186. Name the youngest champion in national
Nisha Millet was only 12 when when she
became Senior National Champion
187. Name Indian to win first Asian games
gold in swimming?
Sachin Nag, 100m, free style, in 1951 Asiad, New Delhi