29. To understand the meaning of which word
in the poem “The Excursion’ of Wordsworth, Dr. Hastie
advised to meet Ram Krishna?
30. Where did Swamiji meet his Guru for the
In 1881, at the house of his neighbour, Shri Surendra Nath
31. One of the relations of Swamiji also
advised him to meet Shri Ramakrishna. Who was he?
Ram Chandra Dutt.
32. What did Swamiji think about Shri
Ramkrishna on their first meeting?
He considered him an ordinary person.
33. What did Shri Ram Krishna think of
Swamiji on their first meeting? Shri Ram Krishna realized
that he was talented youth, fully capable of being his best
34. What was the first question Swamiji
asked Shri Ram Krishna?
‘Sir, have you seen God’
35. What did Shri Ram Krishna reply?
‘Yes as clearly as I am seeing you’
36. How long Swamiji remained in association
with Shri Ramkrishna Paramahans?
About six years.
37. What prompted Swamiji to remain in
association with Shri Ramkrishna Paramhans inspite of his
initial differences of views?
Swamiji got mesmerized by the simple behavior, patience and
affection of Shri Ramkrishna Paramhans towards him.
38. What was the ultimate result of this
Swamiji accepted Sh. Ram Krishna as his Guru wholeheartedly.
39. What did Ramkrishna demand Vivekananda
during his final days?
He asked Vivekananda to take care of other Monastic
disciples and lead them.
40. Where did Swamiji and other disciples
establish the first Monastery after the death of Shri
In 1886, at Baranagar.
41. What troubles Swamiji came across after
passing his graduation?
His father expired suddenly and the family became bankrupt
having no means of income.
42. What did Swamiji think to overcome this
He asked his Guru to pray Ma Kali to help him.
43. What was the reply of Shri Ram Krishna?
He told Swamiji to ask Her himself whatever he wanted.