44. Swamiji was sent by Shri Ram Krishna at
Dakshineshwar temple to ask mother Kali for wealth and
welfare of his family, but he prayed for? Knowledge and
45. What did Swamiji desire after he
accepted Shri Ramkrishna as Guru?
Swamiji asked him that he might be
blessed with “Nirvikalp Samadhi”.
46. When was Swamiji converted to a Sanyasi?
In 1887 at Baranagar.
47. When did Swamiji start travelling as a
48. What were the things in possession of
Swamiji as a wandering monk?
A Kamandal, Staff, Clothes and two books – Bhagwad Gita and
Immitation of Christ.
49. For how long Swamiji wandered in the
About 5 years.
50. Wherefrom Swamiji startred his
51. Name the learned person whom Swamiji met
at Varanasi and who gave advices on interpretation of Hindu
Babu Pramadadas Mitra.
52. Who was the first disciple of Swamiji?
Sh. Sarath Chand Gupta who became famous by the name of
53. Name the famous saint who met Swamiji at
Famous Advait Vedanti Pavhari Baba.
54. What was the main achievement of Swamiji
from association with Pavhari Baba?
He decided to propogate religion.
55. When did Swamiji meet Pavahari Baba?
56. What experience did Swamiji have on
travelling amidst Himalayas? He reportedly had a vision
of macrocosm and microcosm there.
57. Where Swamiji met the King of Khetri,
Sh. Ajit Singh who became his ardent devotee?
In 1890, at Mount Abu.
58. Who gave the idea to go to the West to
preach Vedanta for the first time? Thakur Jaswant Singh
59. When and where Swamiji met Tilak and
Govind Mahadev Ranade?
In the train from Bombay to Goa in 1892.
60. When did Swamiji reach Kanyakumari?
In December 1892.