61. What was his main achievement at
He resolved to work for upliftment of masses.
62. What is the name of resolution Swamiji
made at the rock South of Kanayakumari?
Kanayakumari Resolution of 1892
63. It is said that Swamiji had a symbolic
dream in which Shri Ram Krishna walked out into the sea and
beckoned him to follow. Ma Sharda Devi had a similar
illusion. How did Swamiji take these events?
Swamiji decided to go abroad.
64. What opportunity Swamiji had to go to
Disciples requested him to attend Parliament of religions at
Chicago as Indian representative.
65. When did Swamiji start his first foreign
May 31, 1893
66. What did he realize on reaching Chicago?
He came to know that the dates of the meeting have changed
and no one could become a delegate without credentials.
Further the date for registeration has been expired.
67. Who helped Swamiji at that juncture?
Catherine Sanborn of Boston.
68. Who provided letter of introduction to
Swamiji on rquest of Catherine Sanborn?
Prof. Henry Wright of Horward University.
69. What did John Wright write in the
Dr. Wright wrote – “Here is a man who is more learned than
all our learned professors put together.”
70. Who helped Swamiji when he reached
Chicago again but lost address of organizers and spent the
night without food and shelter?
Mrs. George Hale.
71. Whose house became the permanent address
of Swamiji at America?
72. When was Parliament of religions
September 11, 1893.
73. How did Swamiji address the gathering in
his first lecture at parliament of religions?
Sisters and brothers of America, immediately there was a
thunderous applause from the vast audience.
74. What was the gist of swamiji’s first
address to the meeting?
The goal of all religions is the same, the paths followed